How TO View Private Instagram Account
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://privateviewerig.forumotion.me

How do I get a tall photo to fit on Instagram Empty How do I get a tall photo to fit on Instagram

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 am
Your question comes just around the time I posted a really long vertical picture to my Instagram Story. Although it's gone by now and it was in the story and you asked for the feed but I'm going to take this extremely long picture as an example to answer your question. This picture was taken in Lower Antelope Canyon and the long panoramic shot leverages best the great look of the Canyon but is a challenge to post on Instagram.

For an image to fit the Instagram requirement for a portrait image it needs to have a ratio of 4:5. If your picture is out of these proportions you will have several choices:

1. Crop your image, but I guess that's not an option because cropping would make it less interesting.

2. Resize your photo but if the vertical side of your image is that long as on my example this will result in some not great looking stripes on the side (I added my long narrow panorama image on a white canvas of 1080px x 1350px which is the size of Instagram Portrait post) but you can try to compensate for this by repositioning your image and maybe adding nice style matching copy like on the example below I crafted for you.

3. My final tip today would be to cut your picture into smaller chunks and post them separated by 2 other posts (like on the example I crafted for you below) so you can have a nice vertical image on your Instagram Page and when people browse your account they will definitely stop for longer if it's executed well and the composition looks good. One thing to bear in mind when you make a composition like this would be to have each part of long vertical image interesting on its own so that not only they make sense when put together but work well as separate posts. It's tough but not impossible, in my example I could have easily written something about the Antelope Canyon and put CTA on the last piece to watch it in full length on your Instagram Page.

If you liked my answer give me an Upvote so that more people can benefit from this advise. Also if you want you can share your pictures with me via my Instagram DM @katarzynaos and maybe I can give you some advice and follow me for more photo/posting tips.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum